2015 Noosa Tri
Just a short report about my Noosa 2016.
I had a less than ideal lead up two major bouts of sickness which meant I only got two weeks of quality training in the last five weeks. It was only after getting thru a key session a week out actually I felt I would be well enough to complete the race.
For those who have never raced Noosa, you need to do it, at least once. This year was the first year of the new Swim, which has moved too ocean from the canal.
The race day was weather was good clear and not too warm. The water temperate was 21.8 degrees which meant it was wetsuit swim. My race went well, I swam and ran better than I have in previous years and equalled my previous bike times with lower watts – so I am as happy as a triathlete will ever be. The family and I enjoy a fantastic seven days in Noosa, which is a great place to holiday because of the Amazing beaches, beautiful nation park and great Restaurants.
Reasons to do the Noosa Tri
1. Probably the nicest Triathlon Swim ever (Now it is an ocean swim).
2. The bike course is solid and fair (Minimal drafting). It has every thing flats, hills, a massive down hill and some technical sections.
3. The run is completely flat (normally very hot)
4. The best expo and event set up in Australia.
5. Great race packs, towel, visor and backpack.
6. Noosa is a great place to take the family for a holiday.
7. The after party at the surf club is Fantastic.
8. It is the Biggest Triathlon in Australia – over 8,000 people race to triathlon and 12,000 in the festival total.