It's just 7 weeks until club champs 2016!!! Last year BTC finished in 4th place for our division, and we are aiming to improve on that year, so sign up and be part of the best weekend away in the tri calendar.
The weekend away is a great chance to have a fun race and hang out with other members, and maybe meet a few new people in the club too. Check out some photos from last year here!
What is club champs?
- An institution in the Tri NSW race calendar!
- 1km, 30 km, 8km triathlon in the beautiful Foster (3.5 hours drive north)
- Club vs Club, no individual awards are given out, its all about the best club in NSW, so everyone who participates gets points for BTC
- A 'team bonding' weekend for all BTC members, families and supporters where we race together and share the presentation night as a team
- In 2012 BTC won club champs
BTC Member Package $150/$220 per Person
Important note: The BTC package does NOT include race registration. Race registration needs to be done separately through the TriNSW website here.
Again this year BTC have booked out the South Pacific Palms Motor Inn and a number of apartments at the Sunrise Apartments (next to the motel). We are subsidising the weekend away with help from our wonderful sponsors of this event which means our members get a very reasonable price for a weekend away. Accommodation costs are for shared rooms and as part of the registration we'll ask for your preferred room mates/apartment mates. If you are new to the club and don't know anyone or don't have a preference, just sign up anyway and we'll sort you out!
If you would like to bring your partner you need to register and pay for the package for them too.
- 2 nights accomodation
- 2 x breakfasts
- Pizza and drinks on Saturday night
- BTC T-Shirt (you'll want to get your hands on our awesome design this year!)
- Bus to and from the awards ceremony at the Forster Bowls Club
- Fun, camaraderie and another race ticked off in your season !
South Pacific palms $150
There is a combination of double, and family rooms most with 2 or 3 beds, if you are single we will try to match you up with someone of the same gender. If you know someone you want to share with, there is a space to request a room share with someone when you sign up.
Apartments $220 per person
We have a range of apartments, if you can get a group together for the apartments, email Hannah (hedonaldson at gmail dot com) letting her know which apartment and the names of the people.
We have a lot of juggling to do with accomodation options so your request can't be guaranteed, and preference will be given to BTC Members (and their families), we do our best to accomodation everyone between the apartment and motel.
What else do I have to pay for myself?
- Club Champs race entry ($125)
- Travel to and from Forster - post on our FB page to see if anyone wants to car pool
- Lunches, dinner on Friday, sports nutrition, drinks at the awards night
I am a single do I have to share ?
Yes most likely in order to keep costs down we try to
Can volunteers have access to the BTC Club Package?
Yes absolutely, people who sign up to be a volunteer at the race are so important to club points so they are welcome to stay at our accomodation and will get the same deal as our athletes.
Can I organise my own accomodation?
Yes of course!
Schedule of Events 2016
- Friday 1 April (evening): Arrive at Forster, pick up your BTC goody bag from the motel
- Saturday morning: breakfast in the motel (some athletes may also head out to do a warm up ride on the course for 30 minutes before breakfast).
- Saturday mid-morning: Register for the event (time to be advised by Tri NSW)
- Saturday midday: race starts (first waves normally around 12pm )
- Saturday afternoon: finish race and cheer on your BTC Buddies
- Saturday evening: from 6pm hang out at the motel pool with your BTC mates and enjoy pizza and drinks
- Saturday evening: Bus to the Awards Ceremony at Forster Bowls Club around 7:30pm
- Saturday evening: bus home around 11:30pm or party on at the club !
- Sunday morning: Josh and Jodie's famous bacon and eggs at the motel on Sunday Morning (or go for a ride your choice)
- Sunday morning: Check out of motel/apartments by mid morning !
QUESTIONS? Get in touch with Jodie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Hannah (email@example.com)