- 200 g Plain sweet biscuits, (e.g. Milk Arrowroot)
- 125 g Chopped butter – unsalted
- 1 tablspn Golden Syrup
- ½ can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 250 g Liquorice Allsorts (chopped – cut in half)
- 30 g Copha
- 250 g Dark chocolate (chopped)
Put biscuits in a plastic bag and process with a rolling pin until finely crushed.
Cut Liquorice Allsorts pieces into thirds.
Place butter, golden syrup and condensed milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat until combined. Allow to cool.
Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut and chopped liquorice allsorts pieces in a mixing bowl. Pour in melted butter/golden syrup/condensed milk mixture and combine well.
Grease sides of a lamington tray and line with baking paper. Place mixture in the lined tray and press down firmly with a spoon or spatula so that it is flat and out to the corners and sides of the tray. Place in fridge until base is set.
Melt copha and chocolate in microwave on “medium” heat setting for a couple of minutes. Stir the chocolate to combine, and repeat heating in microwave on “medium until chocolate is fully melted. Pour chocolate over top of slice. Make sure chocolate settles evenly over the top of the mixture.
Place back in fridge. Before chocolate topping is fully set, run a knife tip across the chocolate where it is to be sliced. This stops the chocolate from cracking when you cut the slice.
- When chocolate has been fully set, use pizza cutting wheel or similar to cut into serving size pieces.